If you are looking to sell your house, it is important that the home looks its best.
One of the easiest ways to do this is by staging it so everyone who walks through can imagine themselves living in your space.
This article will provide six quick tips for staging your home and making sure it’s ready for showings, even if they are last-minute ones.
From adding furniture to arranging items on shelves, these simple changes will make a big difference in how buyers see your property!
- Grab yourself a washing basket and a rubbish bin and do a tour of the house looking for clutter to remove. This will help you open up the home and give it a cleaner feel.
The lack of personal items will also help buyers look past the home’s history and into its future, seeing it as their potential future home, rather than your current one.
A quick clean of reflective surfaces and high-traffic areas such as light switches and cupboard handles can make a real difference, as these are the areas that accrue smudges, grease, and fingerprints the fastest.
- Have a set of freshly laundered big fluffy hotel-style towels in a place that you can easily get to. Damp rumpled towels not only remind the buyer that this is your home and are also just aesthetically unpleasant.
The aim here is to turn your house into as much of a showhome as possible and do as little as possible to remind viewers that it’s currently being lived in.
- Make up the bed in the master bedroom with a fresh set of nice new bedding. This will help buyers envision themselves sleeping in the bed.
For a low-effort option, put the ‘show’ covers on under your usual duvet cover and pillowcases, so all you need to do is peel off the regular set for viewings.
- Find a pleasant but neutral air freshener you can spray around the house and open the windows to let in some fresh air.
You want to eliminate, as much as possible, all the smells that mark the property as a home belonging to someone else and replace them with a more neutral clean scent.
- Bring some green into your home! Adding in a few more plants that you would usually have around the home keeps the air fresh, and lends your house some life and interest. Plant pots are also great for hiding minor decorating blemishes that you haven’t gotten around to fixing yet.
- Stage yourself like you’re staging your house. If you’re going to be there when your viewers arrive, make sure you are dressed smart, to a business casual level, and are well-groomed.
You can change back into your slippers and jogging bottoms when the viewing is over!
Get expert sales advice today!
Northwest Realty Group is committed to making sure you are living your “happily ever after” in your dream home.
We’re here to help you make home buying and selling an easy and enjoyable process from start to finish.
Our agents will work closely with you every step of the way so you can have peace of mind knowing that we’ll be there for any questions or concerns you may have. If you want to buy or sell property, then contact us today at 702-677-0039!